Whether it’s coping with nerves in a live broadcast interview or dealing with a hostile journalist – if you’re well prepared and you understand the needs of the media, you’re much more likely to get your message across clearly.
The Media full day workshop covers skills for giving effective interviews and getting your message across in a range of media, including TV and radio.
Whether for news coverage or in-depth features, the broadcast, press, print and online media and their varied audiences require an appropriate approach.
You’ll also learn how to establish and maintain your key message; creating a set of talking points to support it; how to deal with different types of questions and keep calm under pressure; increasing your confidence when talking to the media.
We’ll analyse some radio and TV interviews – looking at what went wrong and what went well. And you’ll enjoy live interview practice exercises and roleplays.
• Understand the media, its perspective and what the media and journalists want
• How to pitch journalists and to prepare for your media interviews
• What to do in a crisis
• How to get your key messages and talking points across clearly
• Speak with greater confidence and influence when talking to the media
• Learn how to think on your feet and deal with awkward, difficult and challenging questions
• Convey a more professional style when appearing on radio or TV/camera
Testimonials from my media training courses:
Jamie was interesting and friendly had a great presentational style. Enjoyed the day and found it very useful.
Very enjoyable and instructional with excellent use of practical demonstrations.
…his experience was invaluable to learn from.